*This role can be based in any EU Country where we have Customer Service Presence*
Amazon’s Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for a Principal, Employee Relations with a demonstrated passion for building and sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates and leaders. This individual will have significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise and proven success as a leader of people. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by creating and executing programs to develop the next generation of high-performing, associate-centric frontline leaders. The Principal, Employee Relations will play a vital role in advancing our mission. The Employee Relations is a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational and legal leaders. We are passionate about improving our leaders’ skill sets in associate engagement across the organization.
We are seeking an ER Principal to support the European region of Customer Service Operations which contains both a brick and mortar and virtual workforce. The individual must have a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence Operations directors, managers, and human resources; to analyze multiple levels of associate/manager feedback to identify risks and gaps; to create, audit, and sustain positive workplace relations programs; and to design and conduct positive workplace relations training that drives best practices. The Principal will work reactively on crisis-oriented situations, traveling as necessary that typically can only be successfully addressed under severe time constraints. The Principal should be capable of creating and executing a strategy across the region that supports operational goals and objectives. Individual must have an ability to detect, and address the hidden risk that are created with a virtual population and work to adopt strong engagement plans to mitigate. The ability to dive deep into process and data is important, but equally essential is the ability to communicate effectively and authentically with senior Ops/HR leaders, frontline managers and associates.
Key job responsibilities
This role will design the ER strategy for the EU Region of Customer Service. Position covers 10 countries and will need to work with/through the in country ER field team members on the individual country strategy and support the Regional strategy. Partnership with Ops and PXT Regional leadership is critical in this role.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Call Centre Employee and Labour Relations is required.
– Experience working with multi country cultures
– Experience in both union and non-union environments.
– Foundational understanding of labor and employment laws.
– Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologies.
Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we’d love to hear from you.
– Juris Doctor, advanced degree, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus.
– Previous people leadership/management experience
– Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments.
– Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications; can facilitate action and commitment across in-person and remote groups of stakeholders and peer.
– Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and in leading through both ambiguity and constant change
– Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate.
– A bias for action, ability to independently deliver results while working remotely with limited direction.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit [url=https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us]https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us[/url].
[url=https://inside.amazon.com/en/toolkits/hrtoolkit/recruit/ofccp/Pages/default.aspx]More Info on Inside Amazon[/url]
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $103,800- 160,000.00 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l’égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu’une main d’oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d’inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.