Our operations network, known for our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service, delivers millions of packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. To keep our operations network secure and assure operational continuity, we are looking for hands-on and detail-oriented professionals who want to join our team as Loss Prevention Specialists. In this key role, you will deliver security as a service to our operational sites across the end-to-end supply chain to protect our people and prevent loss.
Key job responsibilities
• Support resilience of our business operations by contributing to emergency and crisis planning for sites within your area of responsibility
• Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities (e.g., loss, associate experience, process improvement) and define appropriate mitigating actions while ensuring compliance with legal and ethical standards
• Serve as point of contact for and coordinate measures to manage risk with local management and external parties (e.g., law enforcement agencies and industry associations) on all security-related matters
• Ensure compliance of your assigned sites with Amazon global security standards
A day in the life
As a Loss Prevention Specialist, you will join a team of Security and Loss Prevention professionals providing security as a service to business customers across multiple business units within a dedicated geographical area. You perform regular physical security audits and investigate policy violations, security-related incidents, and loss events. During your investigations, you collect information by monitoring systems and tools, analysing data reports, and conducting interviews. Your findings help to identify vulnerabilities in our processes, for which you contribute to the development of mitigating measures. You play a key role in maintaining the physical integrity of our sites by auditing and monitoring the health status of our systems and, jointly with subject matter experts and external suppliers, maintain their functionality. You interact on a daily basis with our external security service providers to ensure delivery of high-quality security services and a smooth customer experience. You also act as point of contact for multiple internal and external departments (e.g., legal, HR, security service providers, local law enforcement) and subject matter expert in Security and Loss Prevention-related matters. Finally, you deliver loss prevention-related education and awareness programs to other teams and liaise with various stakeholders on policy and procedure across all management levels.
About the team
Sitting within the Global Security Operations organisation, Security and Loss Prevention supports the accomplishment of Amazon’s business targets and the strengthening of our brand by effectively protecting against relevant threats and by managing security and loss prevention risks that could:
1. Put our associates and customers under jeopardy
2. Disrupt the continuity of our business operations
3. Inflict damage to our assets
4. Have adverse impact on our brand reputation
Working in partnership with our stakeholders, we secure the Amazon supply chain end-to-end and promote security during business conversations. We do this by preventing Security and Loss Prevention-related risks and vulnerabilities as early as possible, intervening in unfolding incidents in order to minimize any negative impact as well as thoroughly investigating security-related incidents in order to identify and remove root causes, preventing reoccurrence.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Relevant security- or risk-related education or experience (e.g., security services, asset protection, loss prevention, risk management, inventory management, investigations, supply chain, auditing, compliance, or similar)
• Relevant experience working with the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) in a professional environment
• Advanced proficiency in written and verbal French.
• Upper intermediate proficiency in written and verbal English
Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we’d love to hear from you.
• A relevant degree, degree equivalent, or industry certification
• Relevant experience with physical security systems, investigation techniques, and/or management of contract security officers
• Relevant experience with retail, warehouse, distribution centre services, delivery service, or supply chain
• Relevant experience in working with data
• Driver’s license
Amazon est un employeur engagé pour l’égalité des chances. Nous sommes convaincus qu’une main d’oeuvre diversifée est essentielle à notre réussite. Nous prenons nos décisions de recrutement en fonction de votre expérience et de vos compétences. Nous apprécions votre envie de découvrir, d’inventer, de simplifier et de construire. La protection de votre vie privée et la sécurité de vos données constituent depuis longtemps une priorité absolue pour Amazon. Veuillez consulter notre Politique de Confidentialité pour en savoir plus sur la façon dont nous collectons, utilisons et traitons les données personnelles de nos candidats.