SEA LIFE Paris, 14 Cours du Danube; Serris
Paris, ÎLE-DE-FRANCE, 77700
From rollercoasters, LEGO Models and Koala Bears, to Celebrity Wax Figures and a Beluga Whale Sanctuary – the Merlin Entertainments family is all about fun, innovation and making a difference!
We make magical experiences for a living, all the while supporting our charities to protect our oceans and gift magical days out for children who need it most. We’re the only company that could host a meeting at a Zoo one day and a LEGOLAND Park the next. And as the 2nd largest attractions operator in the world, we’re everywhere – which means your career could go anywhere…
From shrieks, screams and spine tingles, to awe, delight, and chocolate – when you join the Merlin family FUN is in every job description!
About the Role:
We are currently recruiting for an Aquarist to join our Displays team in Sea Life Paris (FRANCE). Your duties will include life support maintenance, record keeping, cleaning of displays, laboratories and quarantine facilities, animal welfare and feeding. You will face new challenges all the time and your passion for sea creatures will be key to support the local Curator and the team to achieve the highest standard of animal care and husbandry.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Are you fluent in French & English
- Hold a valid diving license
- Hold advanced PADI level CMAS** + French license CAH0B
- Proven experience, under the guidance of Aquarium Curator, for maintaining and developing livestock displays along with promoting public education and awareness.
- Knowledge of fulfilling Zoo license requirements and veterinary inspections to maintain the highest levels of animal welfare and recognise the importance of effective record keeping in this environment.
- Ability to assist in the daily animal diet preparations, water quality testing, and routine cleaning of animal exhibits, holding pools, food preparation facilities and aquarium work areas.
- Experience of working with tropical marine and ambient species is necessary and a sound understanding of life support systems is essential. Experience with penguins is an asset.
- Assists in exhibit preparation, including exhibit changes and improvements, and modifications including lighting, habitat, and plumbing as needed. Maintains aquatic habitat cleanliness and preparation for visitors.
- You must have experience working in the aquarium industry and a degree in biology science or a proven experience as animal keeper.
- Ability to work as part of the displays team to ensure we achieve excellence in marine management, conservation, preservation, and education.
- Proven experience of working in a target driven environment
- Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, confident, self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the drive to succeed;
- Deliver exceptional customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible/adaptable as per the business operational requirements.
- Intermediate level for the Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This role is a permanent contract, 35 hours per week and due to the nature of our unique business this will include weekends and bank holidays as required, so flexibility is a must.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include 24/7 access to an employee assistance plan, discretionary company bonus, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide and 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants.