What You Can Expect
Our team members and mentors will help you navigate the firm and continue to learn about our businesses. Access to senior management and a strong network of peers will promote ongoing professional development throughout the internship. Top performing interns may receive a full-time offer to join the two-year Global Corporate Banking analyst program.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Assisting GCB bankers in managing internal aspects of existing client relationships
- Helping with industry and credit analysis, including reviewing financial statements, supporting the credit approval and documentation process
- Gaining exposure to product, strategy, or client coverage-based teams
- Preparing internal memos, for example senior management briefings, decision committee memoranda
- Participating in the analysis and negotiation of financing requests in coordination with credit, product, legal and compliance teams
- Coordinating with product and country teams to identify and execute transactions for clients globally across a range of products, for example capital markets, risk solutions, transaction banking
- Networking with industry leaders, accessing best-in-class training and learning how all our businesses work together to provide excellent customer service
Genuine curiosity about the Global Corporate Banking world is the starting point. We’re looking for adaptable, accurate, enthusiastic students who thrive under pressure and in a team. There’s no set degree for Corporate Bankers; but a demonstrated interest in finance and economics is advantageous.
Key Skills Include:
- Exceptional analytical, research and project management skills
- Familiarity with business fundamentals
- Ability to quickly solve problems on your own and with a team
- Enthusiasm, energy and a drive to succeed
- A collaborative mindset and willingness to partner and work on a team
- The confidence and initiative to take on early responsibility and manage your own projects
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Fluency in English and French
- Expected graduation date between January 2025 and December 2025
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Application deadline: November 26, 2023
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
You will then receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete this as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2023 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.